Different Styles of Waxing
If you want to get rid of extra or unwanted body hair, the quickest and most affordable way is waxing. There are so many options available when it comes to waxing. For this reason, it’s a big challenge to choose the right style.
Why Choose to Wax?
Waxing will leave your skin smooth and soft because it pulls off hair from the root. Waxing will also rid your body of dead skin, leaving it smooth and soft, making it an excellent exfoliation method.
With waxing, you’ll eliminate the problem of ingrown hairs because the hair is removed from its root. This reduces itchiness and irritability of the skin. Another reason to choose to wax is that it lasts longer than shaving.
There are three main types of wax you can choose from, including hard wax, soft wax, and sugar wax.
Hard wax is the best option to remove hair from areas with thin, fine hair or thicker hair. In this method, warm wax is applied to these areas, allowed to cool and harden, then stripped off. That explains why this method is referred to as strip-free wax – no strip is required.
The hardened wax is pulled off in the direction opposite to that of hair growth. Before the wax is applied, your skin is cleaned, and then pre-epilation oil is applied to protect your skin from the wax.
- No strip is needed
- You can use it on more sensitive areas like the bikini area, underarms, nose, and lip.
- It’s gentle to the skin
- You can apply it many times without damaging the skin
- Not very painful
- May not grab very short hair
- You can’t use it on the legs and some large areas because some hair will remain
Soft wax or strip waxing also involves applying warm wax to the skin. The only difference is that a strip of cloth is put over the wax to help in pulling it off. Strip waxing is normally used to remove hair on arms, legs, and other larger areas. In this method, a roller or wooden stick is used to apply the warm wax on the skin because it covers wider areas.
However, strip waxing should only be used once in a particular area in a session. Repeating it over and over may lead to skin damage and bleeding. Once the area is cleaned, the beautician will apply some powder to protect your skin before applying wax.
- Can be used in large areas
- Only a thin layer of wax is used, hence cost-effective
- Can pick up even fine hairs
- May not remove very short hair
- More painful than hard wax
Sugar wax is made from hot water, lemon, and sugar. Sugar can pull off hair the same way wax does. Since sugar wax is made from natural ingredients, you can use it even on reactive and sensitive skin.
The sugar wax will not stick on your skin but will only grab the hair. Sugar wax is supplied in the form of sticky balls that you can apply using your fingers. Some also come in the form of soft wax that you can use with strips.
- Can be used on all areas of the body
- Can be used on sensitive skin
- Can be used multiple times in one session without causing skin damage
- It’s water-soluble, so it’s easier to clean
- It can’t effectively remove hair that’s less than a quarter-inch in length.
Imagique Salon Suite Services
If you want to get smooth and soft skin, Imagique Salon Suite can help. Whether you are interested in hard or soft waxing, we’ve got your back. Our salon suite is located in Northern Dallas. Contact us today, and you won’t regret it.